Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 1!

... or 29 days until we eat normal again as my husband calls it!  And actually he might be right because after 30 days, this will be our new normal!!!  So this morning was easy, we already eat a fairly vegan breakfast--banana and trail mix for the hubby, banana with peanut butter for me, banana and vegan "cookie" for the baby...  But my five year old woke up this morning and declared that she wanted a vegan breakfast!  I told her she could have her cereal with almond milk, but that apparently wasn't vegan enough for her!  So she had chocolate almond milk and a sliced persimmon and that seemed to satisfy her!!

Lunch was yummy--tomato basil hummus on whole wheat bun with sliced cukes!!!  And for snack I had whole grain toast with peanut butter and fig spread.

Dinner was creamy cauliflower soup made with brazil nuts and carrots with toasted rolls.  Since the weather is chilly out here, its seems the perfect meal for the family tonight.   My five year old wasn't too keen on it, but everyone else seemed to enjoy it, especially the baby!

Wespent the afternoon baking carrot bread with flaxseed instead of eggs and apple-carrot puree instead of oil.  Even dear hubby applauded this effort.  So overall, day 1 was successful and most importantly, a hurdle that has been crossed!

As a disclaimer, my point in doing this blog is not to advocate for a lifestyle--heck I've only been a vegan for less than 24 hours so what do I know! (although if you are interested, I could point you to several books and websites to get you started), Rather, I just wanted to chronicle this change in my life and frankly, much like a food journal, this blog will keep me honest.  However, many people have asked me about my motivations for going vegan, so over the course of thirty days I will share many of those reasons.  But for tonight, I am just going to sign off, feeling great and ready for another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment