Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 3 & 4--biting off more than you can chew

So here's a little lesson to those of you out there who want to try a 30 day vegan experiment.  Start with what you know!  I think some of my menus have been a bit too ambitious.  For example, vegan mac and cheese (which I found unpalatable).  Instead, I should be making things we already eat that are vegan.  Like pastas with veggies.  Fried rice (without the egg).  Stirfrys with veggies instead of meat.  Things that aren't as foreign to all of us.  I think that would make the transistion period so much easier and definitely more familiar, because as we all know, humans are change adverse.

So for the remainder of this 30 day challenge, I am going to stick with what I know.  Making things with more veggies instead of meats and dairy, and not trying to make any "faux" meals.  Hey--if you are giving up dairy, then mac and cheese isn't in your future--so why make some strange mock version--too weird for me I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment